About Abbott Solutions, Inc.
Abbott Solutions, Incorporated was founded by R. Anne Abbott, PhD, an accomplished administrator, published author, and seasoned public speaker and facilitator. Abbott works with caring organizations that desire to successfully bridge efforts between multi-disciplined professionals in order to provide exceptional services to clients, consumers, and employees. Abbott is the Principal Owner of Abbott Solutions, Inc
What is Abbott Solutions
An organized employer-sponsored program that is designed to support employees (and sometime, their families) as they adopt and sustain behaviors that reduce health risks, improve quality of life, enhance personal effectiveness, and benefit the organization's bottom line.” as defined by Leonard L. Berry, Ann M. Mirabito, and William B. Baum in What's the Hard Return on Employee Wellness Programs? Harvard Business Review. Dec. 2010 pp 1-9.
Abbott Solutions, Incorporated was founded by R. Anne Abbott, PhD, an accomplished administrator, published author, and seasoned public speaker and facilitator. Abbott works with caring organizations that desire to successfully bridge efforts between multi-disciplined professionals in order to provide exceptional services to clients, consumers, and employees. Abbott is the Principal Owner of Abbott Solutions, Inc.
"I believe may life's work, my practice, is to act as the bridge between good intentions and measurable outcomes, where people and community can make a difference and technology can be used to enhance the human capacity!"
Abbott Solutions, Inc.
- Abbott Solutions, Inc., is a health care management consultant group that supplies strategic planning, operational management expertise, prepares research and response to complex questions.
- Abbott Solutions provides employers objective, customized and cost effective solutions to reduce health care cost, improve return on investment [ROI] and provided wellness program design for your corporate and employee wellness health benefit and wellness plans.
- Current projects include: Professional coaching, consulting, and on-line course development for wellness and benefit professionals desiring to incorporate value based health care management into health benefits and wellness plans.
- Dr. Abbott is a Professor Emeritus in Health Promotion and Wellness at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP) and serves as a Senior Consultant for the National Wellness Institute, Inc.
- Abbott currently serves on NWI's Board of Directors and on the Academic Accreditation Team for Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level graduate programs with emphasis in Health Promotion and Wellness.
- Abbott continues to serve on the Board of Experts for publication of The Exercise Standards and Malpractice Reporter.
- (1997-2011) Professor and Past Academic Director, UWSP Academic Director, UWSP-University of Wisconsin Extension (2010-2011).
- Contributed wellness and health promotion expertise and leadership to develop on-line learning at UWSP. Worked collaborative with 3 other universities and UW-Extension to develop an on-line bachelor completion degree in Health and Wellness Management (HWM).
- UWSP Director of Health Promotion/Protection Programs (1987- 1997)
- Spearheaded academic curriculum development for training Health Promotion and Wellness, and Health Promotion and Health Protection professional degrees.
- Led innovative professional training program to achieve 3 national "Best Program Awards”.
- Created the 7-Dimension of Wellness Model ©.http://www.7DIMENSIONSOFWELLNESS.COM
- Director, Employee Wellness Programs for 1100 university employees (1987-1997) and 3500 hospital employees (1979-1987).
- Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh (1981). Exercise Science and Epidemiology
- M.S., Florida State University (1970). Exercise Science
- B.S., East Tennessee State University (1969). Physical and Health Education
Additional Training, Certifications and Recognitions:
- International Foundation Education - Benefits- Compensation. Health Benefit Plan Basics, Choice Based Benefits, Health Care Cost Management - Certificate in Health Care Plans.(2013).
- Personality Resources International (PRI), the Color People. Identity Mapping and the Four Ways System. (2012).
- National Wellness Institute, Certified Wellness Practitioner (2009-2014).
- Founding Fellow American Association of Cardio Pulmonary and Rehabilitation (1986)
- American College of Sports Medicine Program Director® (1975-2007).
- New England Institute of Gestalt Therapy, Boston (1987).
What Clients Have to Say
- "Abbott Solutions provides extraordinary insight and knowledge in asking all the right questions organizations need to consider when attempting changing their culture. Organizations often recognize a need and feel they need to bring in vendors to help educate them on potential solutions. Often an organization will bring in the vendors prematurely without a real understanding of their own internal culture and a vision of the end product. Abbott Solutions helps to identify an organizational culture and objectives to better facilitate the best outcome. With the extensive wealth of experience and ability to individualize their deliverables, Abbott Solutions prepares an organization to be well educated, informed and mindful when planning for change. Abbott Solutions has expertise in identifying the current organizational culture and helps position them in the development of meeting their new cultural objectives. Abbott Solution dives into asking the right questions, searching for the right answers and always delivering the right outcomes."
-- JIM CASTELLANO, RN, Assistant Director, Health Services Security Health
- "Thank you indeed for your excellent presentation at the recent 21st Annual National Health Benefits Conference & Expo (HBCE), in Clearwater Beach, FL. The participants found the Sessions to be extremely informative – yours was noted as one of the best by several attendees standing out in an all-star field. By all accounts and from many sources, it was considered a very successful Conference. We all very much appreciate your fine contributions to that success and it was a pleasure to meet you."
-- Gene Eugene S. (Gene) Piatek, PhD, President Health Benefits Conference & Expo (HBCE)
- "Dr. R.A. Abbott’s extensive knowledge and experience in the health care industry provides outstanding expertise for health care organizations. Be certain to take the opportunity to utilize the insight, vision, and vast resources she will bring to your organization."
-- Fred Leafgren, PhD., Co-founder of the National Wellness Institute and Chairman Personality Resources International [ON] L3R5B4 Canada
Past Clients Include
- Security Health Insurance (WI)
- Personality Resources International (Canada)
- Duke Center of Living, Duke University (NC)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (PA)
- St. Mary’s Hospitals in Troy NY, Duluth MN and CO
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Institute (MI)
- American Corporate Health Programs (PA)
- Vantage (Polar) Monitors, Inc. (WI)
- Heart Watchers International (CO)
- Keene State College (NH)
- St. Vital School Division (Canada)